[ Magic Mushrooms Net ]


MAGIC MUSHROOMS - Hazards - Poisoning



Poisoning


Like other `good' psychedelic substances, psilocybine and psilocineare not in itself poisonous, they contain a very low content of poisonous ingredients. From laboratory tests it is known that a person with a average weight of 130 pounds must ingest 13 grams of pure psilocybine in order to die from it, that means about a kilo of mushrooms or more. Poisoning through these mushrooms is therefore not likely, but there are other problems and dangers.
The biggest hazard with mushrooms is the possibility that you'll get the wrong kind in your stomach. Especially the so-called Amanita phalloides and the Amanita virosa are varieties that are lethal or at least cause permanent liver damage.
Apart from the errors mentioned above, the physical risks are, as far as known, not great. At high dosage a short mental confusion may happen, one might lose contact with reality that resembles a psychosis. An overdose is theoretically possible but then you need to eat an enormous amount of mushrooms, which will never happen in practice. There can be some temptation to, so to speak, develop a habit eating mushrooms every day. But that doesn't work in as much as it wouldn't get you to trip. A mental / physical tolerance builds up quite fast and causes diminished effects. Even if you would trip once every week then the effects and the intensity of the trip would diminish considerably, so you would need more mushrooms. More than once a month seems unhealthy, in part because apart there are other and sometimes slightly poisonous ingredients in mushrooms. However, it is known that taking a very light dose of mushrooms, less than half a gram daily, seems to benefit the indigenous people in Mexico. It is reported that they are more healthy, cheerful and the women are able to carry a heavy load without problems.




                  [ Magic Mushrooms Net ]